Thursday, January 01, 2009

Worthiness

I tend to make decision by judging the worthiness of the move, asking myself if it is worth the effort, time, or money if it is included. I would repeat the same process throughout the day, asking myself and thinking through every decisions, some major, some minor.

Financial text book says that if a project's NPV is higher than cost of capital, it worths making the move.

In real life, it is never that straightforward. Even for a simple decision such as where to go for dinner, who to join for dinner, might take me a long while to decide, if the options offer similar 'worthiness'. (Which is why some people might find me being indecisive.)

To complicated things further, sometimes certain illogical decisions are made, influenced by emotions... i.e. I would still make the move even if I think it is not worthy of the effort, hence comes the word 'IMPULSIVE'. Trying to steer away from making impulsive decisions would be inhumane, or, make myself robotic.

These days, I realised that I have been making more and more of impulsive, illogical decisions. Sometimes I know that I just shouldn't have made the call, shouldn't have spoken those words, but I still ended up doing what I shouldn't have done. I guess there is no cure to it... it is the impulse.

And I sincerely hope that those illogical decisions would somehow turn out to be the better one to make in the end...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home