Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year Day

Dear Diary,

There's still time for me to write another post. I think it will be nice to jot down what happened on the 1st of Jan 2009, just because it is the first day of a hopefully exciting year.

The day began in the worst manner possible for me. After a crazy night out, I was suffering from hangover. (But yeah, thanks people, I had a great time!) I didn't drink that much the day before, but I guess after distancing myself from alcohols for some time, my tolerance is way lower now... The last time i had a hangover was perhaps the day after our summer ball, back in June. Well, there is a saying that the best thing about hangover is your day will always get better as it goes on. That's very true, at least for me.

Having partial headache, I suddenly crave for Bak Kut Teh... Of course, there isn't a better place on Earth to have it than Klang. So, I called up my mates, who wasn't in a much better condition than myself, and drove to Klang for the treat.

Then, we rushed to Mid Valley for a movie, Yip Man. Not a bad movie after all, the fighting scenes were classic, and it was very China-centric. As I said, the day always gets better when you have a hangover. After movie, I went for dinner at Umaiya Damansara Uptown with my friend's family... What a relish! Although the food was rather pricy at Malaysian standard, the quality was amazing! The maki is creative enough to be in contest for a Michelin star!! I think it is my Favourite Japanese restaurant in Malaysia, till I find a better one... The best thing is, it is just 5 mins drive from my house, and the downside, a meal there costs as much as 10 meals of hawker food in the area.

The day ended early.. as I went to bed at 9.30pm, still recuperating from the new year's eve night out.

p/s: When I woke up the next day, I saw a 'you-have-12 missed-call' message on my phone. Apologies for missing those calls...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home